LibyaPolitics

Senussi calls for halting violent acts in Tripoli

Prince Mohamed el-Hasan el-Rida el-Senussi, exiled Crown Prince of Libya, called Friday on all rival parties in the western region to immediately halt violent acts to protect civilians.

“We call for immediately halting all acts of violence and conflict to stop bloodshed and protect lives, property and capabilities. Libyan cities and villages should be neutral and away from conflicts between the various parties over power and money,” Senussi said.

The Libyan royal family was overthrown by ousted President Muammer Gaddafi in 1969 and has been exiled since then. However, they have occasionally made statements about Libya m.

Senussi emphasized that peaceful dialogue is essential for reaching reconciliation and establishing a unified state.

On April 4, the Libyan National Army (LNA) announced the launch of an offensive against Tripoli. So, all military units loyal to the Government of National Accord geared up to defend the capital. The warring factions are currently involved in battles along the outskirts of Tripoli.

The conflict has killed 75 people and wounded 323 wounded thus far, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Jaffar Hussain, the WHO representative in Libya said there are fears of outbreaks of infectious diseases due to unclean water and the difficult conditions in the capital.

He added that the WHO handed Tripoli’s hospitals sufficient amount of medicines for a short period of about two weeks.

Tags

Related Articles