The toll of the Tripoli crisis has reached 607 dead, including 40 civilians, and 3261 wounded, including 117 civilians thus far, the World Health Organisation (WHO) announced Monday.
The WHO has been supporting field hospitals and field ambulance teams in Libya since the beginning of the conflict between the Libyan National Army (LNA) and the Government of the National Accord (GNA) on 4 April.
The WHO has deployed three emergency medical teams to provide services in the Libyan capital, including more than 246 surgical operations, as well as medical kits and other assistance to the displaced people, the organization’s statement said.
The number of those who benefit from the WHO’s medical services in the various regions amount to 5,362 patients.
The WHO said previously it assists Libyans in cooperation with partners with the minimum financial resources, which do not exceed 12 percent of the health response budget for 2019.