LibyaPolitics

LNA targets boat that violated the prohibited military zone eastern Libya

The spokesman for the Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan National Army, Major General Ahmed Al-Mismari, said that the coastal defense units of the General Command had targeted a boat after it violated the prohibited military zone – on Sunday night – and that there were about 20 “terrorist” elements – according to his description – from “different nationalities” loyal to forces of the Government of National Accord.

Al-Mismari added in a post on his official page that the targeting of the boat came after it entered the exclusion zone and did not respond to repeated warning calls, as it was targeted by the coastal defense units, which resulted in direct hit.

The operation was followed by a search and rescue team for those who were on board the boat and did not arrive. No positive results out of the search had come so far, as the waves threw the wreckage of the boat near the coast of Ras Lanuf.

Sources also said that the Government of National Accord announced that those on the boat had been registered as wanted persons by the law after fleeing towards the east of the country on a boat that they had stolen, while the Libyan National Army had previously warned ships and aircraft against approaching the Libyan borders without prior coordination with the relevant authorities.

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close